We have just release the second beta of TechCall NG to the play store for testers, based on your feedback we have made the following adjustments:
- Added the ability to change the machine on a call.
- Changed the way the ‘set completion time’ works on a call to a new dialog.
- Updated the notification system to stop alerting on unread calls outside of your selected areas.
- Updated the ‘Near Me’ function – this will now only alert you to calls close to you where there is no engineer assigned (or you are the assigned engineer).
- Fixed an issue where additional blank meter boxes were showing against machines in the call completion screen.
- Fixed an issue where entered meter readings were not retained when navigating to another part of the app.
- Fixed an issue where calls completed by another engineer were not removed from the handset.
- Fixed the date/time display when adding activities.
- Fixed an issue where the app would crash on Android 4.4.3
‘Near Me’ Function
The near me alert will let you know when you are within a set distance from an outstanding call that is assigned to you directly or is not assigned to any engineer.
The distance this works on can be configured in the app settings.
You will receive an alert when you first come within this distance of a call, you will not receive further notifications for it unless you travel further away and then come back within the distance of the call.